Accelerant is uniquely equipped to provide the breadth (in the range of technical experts and competencies) and depth (in the extensive experience of the project management team and consultants) required to meet the unique needs of providing remote assistance to the worldwide nuclear power community.
What allows Accelerant Solutions to excel at providing remote nuclear project support?
1. Our expertise in remote nuclear project support’ is demonstrated through our use of world-class cloud services like Egnyte for secure and compliant file management. Egnyte’s hybrid-\cloud service ensures compliance, threat mitigation, software integrations, business continuity and other essential content necessities.
2. We have developed our own cutting-edge technologies to support collaboration and innovation. We also use state of the art online web-based tools for project management and coordination.
3. We are experts at Export Controlled Information (ECI). We have had to exercise ECI multiple times due to partnerships with foreign companies and performing remote work. Accelerant has a robust ECI program.
4. The cornerstone of our success in remote nuclear project support lies in our innovative technologies and web-based tools for seamless project coordination. These allow us to provide governance, oversight and support to the work being performed.
5. We have completed major technical documentation projects for our international clients with zero security incidents or concerns (ENEC and Horizon).
Here are some examples of providing remote support to our clients.
Accelerant is an industry leader in developing high-quality technical documents at a competitive price.
Our project managers and procedure writers are technical experts in their chosen disciplines (operations, maintenance, engineering, etc.) and are experienced in all phases of technical document design and development.
When large numbers of documents must be created, such as new plant construction documents, Accelerant utilizes a Virtual Procedure Production Facility (VPPF) concept. The VPPF brings together project supervision, technical experts, and writers in a single location using Accelerant’s proven development process, which includes state-of-the-art development oversight and technical and quality reviews.
Experience has shown a VPPF is the most cost-effective option to develop large numbers of new technical documents. The use of the VPPF allows for optimal network security, cybersecurity practices, and confirmed adherence to export control information (ECI) requirements.
To ensure project continuity and quality, Accelerant deploys a project manager to liaise between the Accelerant VPPF and the client subject matter experts. Accelerant also provides subject matter experts to assist the client organization to transition their traditional ‘on-site’ operations to a virtual one performed remotely. In addition, Accelerant routinely supplies high-quality experts to augment and mentor client staff.
Accelerant remote documentation projects include the following:
- Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) Barakah New Reactor Construction Project (UAE)
- Horizon Nuclear Power Emergency and Severe Accident Guideline Creation (England)
- Fermi II Nuclear Power Procedure Upgrade Project (USA)
- Duke Energy Technical Document Creation & Upgrades (USA)
Training Service, Administration, and Support Projects
Accelerant has been providing remote support to training organizations for over fifteen years.
Training is a core business for Accelerant. The Accelerant team is proficient in using all phases of the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) process to design and implement performance-based training programs.
On average, our training experts possess more than twenty years of experience designing and implementing nuclear training programs. Many of our consultants hold advanced degrees and certifications including master’s degrees in advanced technical instruction and instructional design certifications through the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance, and Instruction.
We have also been successful at implementing full-scale nuclear training programs in Spain with our partner, Tecnatom. State-of-the-art technologies are currently being used to deliver and monitor high-end and effective training solutions.
Success Stories: Remote Nuclear Project Support in Action
Accelerant remote training projects include:
- Analyze, re-design and convert tasks lists for Dominion Energy Millstone Nuclear (USA)
- Design and develop training procedures for ENEC (UAE)
- Design and develop training procedures for Horizon Nuclear (England)
- Consolidate maintenance training program – Duke Energy (USA)
- Create distance learning solutions for Exelon – multiple (USA)
- (Ongoing) Create interactive blended learning solutions for Entergy – multiple (USA)
- (Ongoing) Consolidate maintenance training program – Southern Company (USA)
- (Ongoing) Assess maintenance training program – Bruce Power (Canada)
- (Ongoing) Analyze, design and develop Severe Accident Management CBT – BWROG (Worldwide)
- (Ongoing) Design and develop industry-wide Chemistry and RP training – EPRI (Worldwide)
Conclusion: As these examples suggest, Accelerant has the proven knowledge, skills, and experience to provide remote services and support to the worldwide nuclear population. We look forward to discussing how we can partner with you to ensure safe, reliable and innovative operations utilizing remote support and technologies.